February 3, 2011
by Miles Leicher
Meeting called to order: 1 PM
1. Agenda item: Glenn Beck
- Discussion: He's getting crazier by the day, going off the deep end in search of ratings and/or help. This is exhausting to watch.
- Video: Glenn Beck using two chalkboards to explain how China is going to take over Australia and, possibly, New Zealand?
- Reaction: Laughter.
2. Agenda item: Blue Oyster Cult
- Discussion: Blue Oyster Cult is still on tour?! When, where and how much?
- Reaction: Writer Adam Felber: "It's their 'We Now Have Reason to Fear the Reaper' tour."
3. Agenda item: Mars
- Discussion: Bill Maher: We should not go to Mars because:
- It's too far away.
- There's no air.
- Solar flares emit energetic protons that pass through the body, which sounds "highly unpleasant."
- There's a bunch of space crap flying around at high speeds, any of which could put a hole in you.
- Conclusion: Going to Mars is just ridiculous, "just like driving to Burbank at certain times of the day." Although, as writer Brian Jacobsmeyer noted, "There's no life there either."